Welcome to Points for Health Acupuncture
Serving Columbus and Central Ohio
"I love this medicine and am excited to bring you the benefits
of a safe, effective, and drug-free form of therapy. I focus on providing thorough, individualized care by combining
the wisdom of both Eastern and Western therapeutics."
Acupuncture is quickly becoming a mainstream medical modality that compliments Western medicine beautifully.
If you've ever asked yourself any of the following questions ...... the answer is YES!
- I suffer from chronic pain. Can acupuncture help?
- Stress seems to run my life. Will acupuncture help me relax and reverse some of its physiological effects?
- I have a hormonal imbalance and feel fatigued all the time. Can acupuncture improve my energy?
- We've been trying to conceive. Will acupuncture improve our fertility?
While I treat patients at two locations in the Columbus, OH metro area for a wide variety of health concerns (see below for a comprehensive list),
I have a special interest, and additional specialized training, in the following areas:
In order to get the most out of your treatments, we may also discuss your dietary habits and exercise patterns to ensure you're supporting
your body's own healing abilities, both preventatively and curatively.
- the treatment of acute and chronic pain, utilizing a combination of traditional acupuncture and more precise motor point locations (the entrance site of the motor nerve into the muscle)
- the treatment of sports-related injuries through assessment (e.g., manual muscle testing), treatment (acupuncture and motor point treatment), and rehabilitation
- the treatment of women's gynecological and infertility issues (IVF, ART, and natural conception) by working in partnership with a practitioner of Maya Abdominal massage
- the treatment of digestive issues and chronic fatigue utilizing acupuncture and training in emotional self-regulation techniques
Acupuncture is recognized by the National Institutes of Health and the World Health Organization as effective
in treating over 43 common disorders including:
- Nausea and vomiting, associated with chemotherapy drugs used in cancer treatment.
- Gynecological Disorders, such as infertility in women and men, morning sickness, premenstrual syndrome (PMS),
irregular, heavy, or painful menstruation, and menopause.
- Nervous System Disorders such as migraine headaches, headaches, neuralgia, insomnia, dizziness, chronic fatigue,
facial palsy/tics, and trigeminal neuralgia
- Gastrointestinal Disorders, such as food allergies, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), peptic ulcers, chronic diarrhea,
constipation, indigestion, gastrointestinal weakness, colitis, and gastritis
- Stress Related Symptoms such as headaches, insomnia, fatigue, and poor digestion
- Respiratory Disorders, such as emphysema, sinusitis, asthma, allergies and bronchitis
- Disorders of the Bones, Muscles, and Joints such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, pain in the low back, neck and shoulder,
sciatica, carpal tunnel syndrome, wrist pain, and tennis elbow
- Uro-genital Disorders, including stress incontinence, urinary tract infections, and sexual dysfunction
- Circulatory Disorders, such as hypertension, angina pectoris, arteriosclerosis and anemia
- Emotional and Psychological Disorders, including depression, anxiety, anorexia, and seasonal affective disorder
- Addictions to alcohol, nicotine and drugs, food, and work
- Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders